Frequently Asked Questions

Policy queries

What will I be covered for?

The policy covers you for loss or damage as a consequence of fire or theft provided that the policy conditions have been met.


Does this policy cover my vehicle on the road?

No - We don't offer cover for using your vehicle on the road. If you want cover to use your vehicle on the road, visit Bradsure Insure and Save to compare premiums from a variety of insurers and brokers.


Does my vehicle have to be declared as SORN (Statutory Off Road Notice)?



To insure my vehicle, do I need to be the legal owner?

Yes, to insure you must be the registered keeper of the vehicle or provide other evidence of ownership.


Do you cover restoration projects?

Yes, please call or email us for more details.


I have modified my vehicle from manufacturer's standard, do I tell you?

Yes, you must inform us of any modifications you have made/plan to make at the time when you take out the policy.


Can I have more than one vehicle on the policy?

Yes - You can have as many vehicles on cover provided you keep within the total value limits. Our online quoting system allows for up to four vehicles. If you require a policy for more than four vehicles, please call our contact centre for details.

Purchasing queries

Do you give discount for No claims bonus?

We don't offer any discount for no claims - All our policies are based on a 'flat rate' and we price in accordance with the value and other prominent rating factors within insurance.


Is there a cooling off period?

You have a 14 day cooling off period where you can cancel your policy and get your money back (less an administration fee) if the cover does not meet your requirements.


Do I get a refund if I want to cancel after the cooling off period?

There are no refunds on the policies - the small premiums for this cover mean its not cost effective for the Insurer to allow any refund of premium (unless you cancel withing the first 14 days, the cooling off period)


What terms and conditions apply?

Please refer to 'Terms Of Business' page on our website.


What methods of payment are available?

Payments are accepted by all major debit and credit cards. We do not have a monthly payments option, nor do we accept cash or cheque.

Administration queries

How do I amend my insurance policy or notify you of changes?

To make any amendments to your insurance policy or to notify of changes,please contact our UK based call centre on 0800 043 8398 quoting your policy number.


How do I cancel my policy?

If you wish to cancel your policy, please call out contact centre on 0800 043 8398 or send an e-mail to quoting your policy number.


How do I make a claim on the policy?

To make a claim on your insurance policy, please contact our UK based call centre on 0800 043 8398 quoting your policy number.

Links to Other Websites

Click here for Industry Related links


Sorn Insurance is a trading style of Principal Insurance Limited. Principal Insurance Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority firm reference number (FRN) 551900. These details can be check on the Financial Services Register by visiting the FCA website or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768

Website by generationNET